Saturday, May 11, 2013

Chocolate Sour Cream Tortilla Cake

Chocolate & sour cream. Doesn't sound good does it? My husband decided he wanted this cake for his birthday. I promise that this "cake" is good-- and super easy to make.

You will need:
1 pkg, 10 count, large flour tortillas
1 bag, 12 oz, semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
16 oz sour cream
1/4 c confectioners sugar


I also added 1 tbs coconut oil, and a splash each of vanilla & cinnamon extracts, but that is optional.


Start by melting the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Since I used dark chocolate chips I added the tbs of coconut oil to help it melt smoothly. Once the chocolate is melted (this can take awhile), add the confectioners sugar while stirring. Remove from heat and slowly add sour cream, a few spoonfuls at a time at first, and stir until integrated completely. You'll end up with a lovely thick chocolate mixture.

Start assembling the cake by spreading the chocolate-sour cream mixture on a flour tortilla. Place the next tortilla on top, and continue spreading the chocolate-sour cream mix. Repeat until you are out of tortillas.

Cover the layer cake and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (overnight is best) before serving.


Its rich and tangy and addictive. Enjoy!

Linking up at

The Seaman Mom









Anyonita Nibbles


Diana-Rambles

Consider Me Inspired


The Best Etsy Coupons for VioletsBuds

21 comments:

  1. Still not convinced. Maybe I need to try a piece ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have a little left if you need to try some :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow this is very unique but I can see how it would taste good. Not sure about the sour cream but the chocolate and tortilla should be good.
    Thanks for sharing! I like to see something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a day or two in the fridge the cake starts tasting similar to a chocolate cheesecake, but its so much easier to make! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This reminds me of a chocolate meringue crepe cake that is to DIE for. Stopping by from Alderberry Hill.

    Angela
    Angela Says: Tips for a Cleaner Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh that sounds good too! I'm off to visit your blog now. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, that looks good... although I'd have to forget to mention to the hubs that it has sour cream in it! =)

    Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't tell him til after he tries it ;-)

      Delete
  5. Oh my! This is a cake I haven't heard of before. Very intriguing.

    Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first heard of it I was skeptical. If you try it, let me know what you think!

      Delete
  6. This looks awesome! Pinned and I can't wait to try it. Thank you for sharing at Tasty Tuesdays, hope to see you this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try it let me know what you think! I find it to be very addictive.

      Delete
  7. Tortillas and sour cream and chocolate? What an interesting and odd combination! I'm so curious! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No kidding, I was just thinking of how to use some corn tortillas in a dessert, so you have inspired to keep thinking. Found you on Anyonita's Tasty Tuesdays, and I shared the link on my own SeeKarenFollow post this week. (Pinned it too.)
    Karen @ annumography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... I wonder what it would be like with corn tortillas? Or maybe a dessert enchilada? Now you've got me thinking! Thank you for stopping by, I'm off to visit your blog!

      Delete
  9. WOW! That looks great!! I'd love to try it! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this idea! Chocolate, coconut oil with cinnamon extract - YUM and let's eat it!

    So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

    Have a wonderful week~
    Sharon and Denise!

    Follow us:
    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this guest post today. I've pinned this post and blasted the guest spot over social media!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...